Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yumtastic!

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Last night I had a strong craving for chocolate chip cookies so my boyfriend and I ran out to Stop n Shop and found a box of Cherrybrook Kitchen cookie mix. The box specifies that it is an egg free, milk free, and lactose free product. After reading the full ingredient list I found that it made the cut for being Vegan. They were SUPER easy to make! 1/4 cup of water, half the cookie mix, 1/4 cup of Earth Balance Butter, mix and bake for 10 minutes! They came out perfect...warm and soft in the middle! I LOVED them and my boyfriend who again is not vegan, ate 3 he loved them so much! They completely satisfied by sweet tooth and for anyone who is concerned bout weight loss, they are only 80 calories per cookie!

My boyfriend and I also tried Amy's Soy Cheese frozen pizza which I did not find particularly yumtastic. I have read and heard that soy cheese does not melt well and I definitely found this to be the case with the pizza. Amy's Dairy Free frozen pizza is amazing but I just don't think I will ever be a fan of soy cheese.

The beginning of the week started off rough for me as I was stuck working a double on Sunday night. I went into work at 3:30pm and did not leave until 8:00am Monday morning. I was not prepared for such long work hours but had to stay because someone had called out. When this has happened in the past my extreme exhaustion usually causes me to crave intensely sweet and salty junk foods. Oddly, I did not crave either, I found that I was thirsty and craving fruit or vegetables with high water content. After pulling an overnight shift I usually treat myself to an indulgent fast food breakfast but instead I went home and went to bed. Junk foods are definitely loosening their grip on me. My body and my brain are less willing to relapse on food that does not provide them with powerful nutrients.

That's all for now! Check back soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment